It has been a while since I have last posted on my blog. This year has been a hectic year with wedding madness, photo-shoots, launch of my website and School of Hair - watch this space for updates on that.
So recently after growing out my hair for ages I decided to get a trim. I opted for soft some soft blended feathers, not taking too much away from length. Before cutting the fringe we all have this idea that we will wake up everyday looking like Jane Birkin or Taylor Swift. Unfortunately that is not the case. Our fringes/bangs create a mind of their own and most of the time we wake up looking more like Alfalfa. Fortunately for brushes and heat styling tools, we can force our fringe into looking the way we want them to.
However, some days, no matter how hard we try, our fringes just do not want to cooperate OR it is too hot to keep them down. So for the days we want to get our fringes off our face, I have compiled 10 super cute ways to pin back that pesky fringe of yours.
1. Create a front hanging braid like the one here! A different twist on the typical French braid, this braid looks great with hair up or down.
2. Try French braiding your fringe down the center of your head. Make sure to leave it a little loose for some added volume!
3. Give yourself a mini bouffant by simply pinning back your bangs. Love accessories? Add a cute bow!
4 .Throw your hair into a bun and pin back your fringe for a chic and easy tousled updo
5. Side part your hair and twist back your fringe. This look is great paired with long, loose waves.
6. Side part your hair and twist back your fringe. This look is great paired with long, loose waves.
7. A French braid along the crown of your face is a great and super cute way to keep your forehead cool this summer.
8. Sweep back your bangs with a headband. Add some texture with some salt spray for a cool, beachy look.
9. A quick and easy way to get your fringe off your face is simply clipping your bangs to the side. We love pairing it with a side braid for a cute and casual daytime look.
10. Add some edge and give yourself a full head of twists. You will be sure to look and feel cool this summer
Have fun trying out these cute ways to pin back your fringe. Let me know in the comments below which look is your favourite!
Sofia Qayyum x